Image Map

Friday, November 8, 2013

Pinterest You Win: Orange Balsamic Glazed Chicken

If you follow me on Pinterest you know that I pin A LOT!  So last week I found this Chicken Recipe that I just had to try.  I mean when your mouth is watering just looking at it it, it calls for lets make the damn dish type deal.  So I went and got all the ingredients and I was so excited especially since this would be the first time that I have ever cooked chicken thighs.  Challenge accepted! Yes, I get super excited about cooking new recipes!  

Orange Balsamic Glazed Chicken

Pinterest


Reality: 

Do you see the resemblance?  Okay yea me either.  Mine looks straight up burnt.   Though I thought it actually turned out well, the skin was nice and crispy just the way I like it.  I cooked it in coconut oil instead of olive oil, which the bf did not like because he said it was too coconutty.  I think it's all in his head. Next time I might try it with chicken breasts because i'm just not into the whole bone thing.  Another modification I would make is maybe a dash of cayenne to take away some of the sweetness.I served it with a side of sauteed sweet potatoes in coconut oil with a salt, honey, and cinnamon. 

Ingredients:

10-12 chicken thighs or a breast per person
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Cracked black pepper
1/2 cup of honey (I use raw organic)
1/4 cup of orange juice
Zest from one orange
3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar (better quality)
2 tablespoons of fresh sage or 2 teaspoons of dried

Directions:
Place the rack so it’s about 6-8 inches away from the broiler and preheat the oven with the broiler on low (if you have a dual setting) if not, just broil.  Brush or spray (if you have an oil atomizer) each piece of chicken and season with salt and pepper.  Lay on your broiler pan.  Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes (keeping a watchful eye on it the last few minutes) until golden.  Then flip each piece over, brush with oil and season again.  Back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.

While the chicken is broiling, in a large measuring cup or small bowl, blend the honey, juice, zest, vinegar and sage.  Whisk until well combined.  Set aside.
Remove the chicken and pierce to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked and that juices run clear (no pink meat).  Then brush or spoon the glaze over top of each one.  Broil for 3 or so minutes and flip.  Repeat.  Coat well with the glaze.  Broil for another 3-4 minutes.  Remove and cover with foil for 10 minutes.  Serve and enjoy.   

I found the recipe here and I do not take credit for coming up with it.  

Enjoy the recipe! 

I'm currently doing the happy dance because my boss sent an e-mail around saying everyone could leave at 2pm and go meet for drinks to show appreciation for our hard work for meeting a deadline. Heck yes!  #ItsTheLittleThings

Happy Friday!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delish. And no one's food pic ever turns out looking like a Pinterest pin, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good! I am not a fan of the chicken bones either, I just alter every recipe and use breasts. I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete