Image Map

Thursday, August 21, 2014

My Crazy Life

My gosh, I don't even know where to begin, seeing as I have been completely missing in action for far too long.  So much has been going on lately, I'm just not sure where to start. 

Last time I posted, which feels like FOREVER ago I shared with you my Part 1 visit from my Mom's visit.  Part 2 will be coming up any day now because I know you are just dying to know all about the fun we had.  Okay, maybe that's just me that's excited.  

Anyways moving on, so I guess I will start first with I left my job as a Receptionist/Project Admin Assistant at the Architectural Firm.  To be honest I was bitter sweet about the whole thing.  In some way I was sad to leave some great co-workers, as well as I had some pretty great benefits. On the other hand I was driving two hours every day (10 hours a week) and we had been really slow for a while, which means I'm super slow.  It was time to make a change and it's something that I had been thinking about for awhile.  The drive was really just wearing me out and I believe it was a big reason for my lack of motivation and energy that I have been experiencing.  

I decided to take a week off before my new job started, pretty lucky it worked out that way. Phil and I went out of town for a long weekend to St. Louis and I will recap this soon because it was such a good time.  I don't want to forget the great memories we shared together.  So also stayed tuned for that.  

The rest of the week off was spent doing various things.  And I can't believe how fast it all went by.  I went to a YPO (Young Presidents Organization) get together with Phil and went out to dinner afterwards with friends.  

On Thursday I went for lunch down in Indy with my old roomie Amy.  It was so great to catch up with her because it has been such a long time.  The server even talked us into taking a Mystery shot, also known as The Orgy.  It was pretty awful if I do say, but we had a Summer Shandy to help wash that god awful shot down.  

Afterwards I met up with Car and Mel.  Marci, Mel and myself had been secretly putting together a little surprise gathering for Car's birthday.  First we headed to get some Bubble Tea and also went to Mel's tattoo appointment.  I actually had her tattoo guy look at a tattoo of mine that I wanted to see if he could either fix the poor thing or somehow cover it.  NEVER GET A TATTOO THAT YOU DIDN'T EVEN LIKE THE TRACE OFF. I really don't know what I was thinking, anyways that's for another day.  Afterwards we went to Brother's in Broadripple for Mug Night.  If you had a Mug from Brothers, Beers and mixed drinks were 2 bucks.  Yes please.  

During the vodka and lemonade and an appetizer I got a call from my boyfriend that the Police had my wallet.  I thought it was a sick joke and he was playing a p on me but that wasn't the case. So great, I didn't have my ID or my money.  I can't tell you how many times this stuff happens to me. Where is my brain sometimes?  Don't answer that.   It ended up being a blessing because Marci, Car and I could run and go get it and Mel could go set up the drinks and snacks for Car's Birthday.  

The best part of the night was taking goofy photos and going for a night swim.  I don't think I have jumped into a pool that many times in my life.  We may or may not have gone topless in the pool, but i'm going to keep my lips sealed on that one.  I of course was the first one to pass out while watchinf a movie.  I blame my mother because she does the same thing.  





Friday afternoon and Saturday was spend at my brothers.  Spending much needed time with them.  My nephew has me completely wrapped around his finger, the bond that I have for him is like no other.  My little niece is such a little princess. It adorable watching her play with her doll house and spin around and dance.  The both just melt my heart. 









Later that night I headed back home and the boyfriend and I went over to our friends house for a BBQ and bonfire.  I was responsible for starting the fire, after all I do have an Outdoor Recreation Degree and have spent many  times starting camp fires. Sadly, I haven't gone camping in two years and I was feeling the pressure to get a bomb diggity fire going.  I was damn proud of myself because it all came flooding back to me and I had a great fire going in a short time.  Success.  



Lastly, this week I started my new job at a Manufacturing company as the Administrative Assistant.  It's only been three-ish days but what I am loving so far is the 15-18ish minute drive. I can't tell you how flipping nice it is too be home before 4:30.  I feel like I have a whole other life now.  

When I start getting into my new routine hopefully I will have a better hold of this little space of mine. Until then just bare with me and know that I'm not disappearing from these parts. And my goodness you have lots coming your way.  So be excited! 

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the recaps! Congrats on the new job - it's amazing how much commute time makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!!! Obviously I already knew all of this, but seriously I love that you're going to have so much more free time on your hands :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many exciting, good things going on! You deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete