Image Map

Friday, July 26, 2013

Meet My New Friend Kristin

First off I just want to say that I am so glad it is finally Friday, I swear this week has gone by slower than a turtle trying to cross the road.  But I'm more happy about Kristin hanging out on my blog today!  Kristin is my new friend that blogs over at Crumbs and Curls.  She is the cutest thing ever and we share a love for food!  Kristin blogs about all things beauty, fashion, baking, and crafting.  Lets face it I'm not the craftiest person, so I most certainly look to Kristin for some great new projects to attempt.  So sit back, drink some wine, after all it is Friday, and get to know all about my new friend!
 
 

Q & A

  1. Where are you from/where do you currently live?  I am a born & raised Jersey Girl, I am from the Jersey Shore (nothing like that awful show!) about a mile from the ocean, in a tiny town called Spring Lake Heights.  I now spend most of my time at school which is in Villanova, PA (20 minutes from Philadelphia), & spend school breaks, some weekends, & summers at home in Jersey.
  2. Tell me about your blog.  My blog is mostly about beauty, fashion, baking/cooking, & crafting.  Although, from time to time I like to throw in things about my life & myself so people can get to know me.
  3. Guilty pleasure? Keeping Up With The Kardashians & watching E!  News instead of the real news.  My dad makes fun of me for both.
  4. Last thing you brought.  A poster for my apartment at school.
  5. What pin board do you pin to the most? My 'My Style' board, but my 'Beauty' board is catching up!  Pinterest is just filled with amazing ideas.
  6. If you could get on a plane tomorrow & go anywhere, where would you go?  Paris, I've wanted to go for as long as I can remember, but every time  I get the chance to go, something messes it up.
  7. If you could eat one thing for the rest of you life what would it be?  This is hard because I love all different foods, but I would have to say gluten free pasta because you can do so many different things with pasta.  Though, if I wasn't allowed to do different sauces with the pasta, I would say peanut butter because I am obsessed with peanut butter!
  8. What is your favorite item of clothing or accessory?  A vintage belt that was my Great Aunt's, who passed away.  It is a leopard pony hair belt, with a big gold buckle from Bloomingdale's.  My Aunt was so, so fashionable & the belt is not only amazing, but it means so much to me since she is gone.
  9. What's the story behind your blog name?  I knew I wanted to write about beauty, fashion, baking/cooking, & crafting, & I wanted the name to convey that.  Also I thought an aliteration would be fun to use in the name. 
  10. What's your favorite book?  A Walk to Remember, it's also my favorite movie.  They have both been my favorite for years, & I have read & watched it a million times.

Hello Meghan's readers, its nice to meet you!  Today I'm going to give you a little taste of Crumbs and Curls.  Meghan & I have talked cooking before, & I know she enjoys it like I do, so I thought it would be fun to share one of my favorite recipes.  Everyone who knows me, knows I'm obsessed with peanut butter, & peanut butter cookies are my favorite.  I have two different recipes that I use, one for basic old fashioned peanut butter cookies & the other is the one I am going to share with you, this is the one with the Hershey Kisses.  These cookies are delish, & combine my two favorite things: peanut butter & chocolate, double win!  They are so yummy that when I make them I have to give some away so I won't eat them all.

Ingredients:
-48 Hershey Kisses or chocolates of your choice (in the picture it was Valentine's Day, so my friend & I used Dove Chocolate Hearts)
-1/2 cup shortening (I want to experiment & see if you can sub coconut oil in for the shortening to make it a little healthier)
-3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
-1/3 cup white sugar
-1/3 cup brown sugar
-1 egg, at room temperature
-2 tbsp. milk
-1 tsp. vanilla
-1 1/2 cups all purpose flour*
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. salt
*I am wheat intolerant & my sister has Celiac Disease so I always bake with a gluten free flour mix that I made myself instead of all purpose flour.  The flour mixture is made of corn flour, oat flour, coconut flour, & an all purpose gluten free baking mix (usually whatever one I can find).  I put all of the different flours together in a bowl & mix them until blended, sometimes I have to do this in a few steps since it makes a lot.  When I am done mixing I put the new mixture in an airtight container & use that in place of all purpose flour.

Instructions:
-Heat oven to 375 degrees.
-In a bowl stir together flour, baking soda & salt. 
  • -In a separate bowl, beat the shortening & peanut butter until well blended. 
  • -Add the white & brown sugars, & beat until fluffy. 
  • -To the mixture add the egg, milk & vanilla, beat well. 
  • -Gradually beat the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture.
  • -Shape dough into 1-inch balls, & place on ungreased cookie sheet.
  • -Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
  • -When you remove the cookies from the oven, immediately press a chocolate into center of each
  • cookie.
  • -Then remove the cookies from the sheet & transfer to a wire rack, allow to cool completely.
  • Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
  •  
  •  


    Meghan thank you so much for letting me take over for the day, it was so fun!

     
  •  

  •  
  •  
  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment