Image Map

Friday, August 23, 2013

Punching that Sourpuss Mood Right Where it Hurts

I don’t know if it’s my hormones talking or the fact that I can’t wait to go home in 6 days but this week has just plan sucked.    I can’t tell you how many times this week I have cried over the most ridiculous things.  I literally think I have reached my quota in just this one week for the amount of times I can cry in a month.  I don’t know how my tears haven’t dried up.  I think this is my body telling me that I am ready for a vacation.   With this funk of a week I want to snap out of it being the weekend is just hours away.  Let me tell ya crying doesn't look on me so I'm punching that sourpuss face right where it hurts.  I decided I want to focus on the good things that are coming up in my life.

The Upcoming Good Things in My Life:


1.  This weekend I am going to the bf’s sister’s wedding.  Who doesn’t love going to a wedding?  It’s always nice and refreshing to see two people in love and get to be part of celebrating with them.   You can bet that I will be on the dance floor 90 percent of the time especially after a few too many adult beverages.  I like to make the beat drop, even if I can’t dance worth a damn! 


^ The last wedding I attended...I had too much fun!


2.  In T-6 days I will be back home in my small town in Upstate NY.  It will just be so good to be back in my roots.   So many great things are happening while I am home.  My 3 brothers will all be home and we haven’t all been together in such a long time.  See we live all over the states.  My oldest, Marty lives in West Virginia, My youngest, Liam lives in Indianapolis, and my middle brother Sean lives in Santa Barbara.  A really exciting part of the weekend is my Mom and her Partner are getting married.  I get to see my sistew Erin, which is always a blast since we don’t see each other nearly enough.  Maybe one of these days she will write a post about visiting Indiana. Hint Hint!  Just being back with family and friends is exactly what I need right now.  I also will be hitting up some wineries along Seneca Lake with good friends.  Wine + Friends + BF = One hellofa good time!

Rockin it in the 90's!  

Erin and Cait! 

The soon to be Newlyweds

Sistew and I last Christmas

3.  Philly’s other sister Mary, who lives in St. Thomas, yes be jealous because I am is coming up to visit when we get back from NY.  We are going to go to the Colts home opener on the 8th.  I admit I’m not a sports fan, especially football but when it comes to actually going to a sporting event I can handle it and actually have fun.   This will be my first NFL experience so stay tuned for a follow up post on what I thought of it.

4.  September 22 is my 1 year Anniversary with the bf.   I can’t believe it has only been a year it has seriously seemed longer but I knew from the beginning that he was different than all the rest.  I still need ideas on a good gift to get the bf because I’ve never made it a year with anyone else so the gift thing is new to me.   
Our 3rd date but you wouldn't know it.   Got him tickets to Edward Sharpe.  We just clicked form the beginning.

5.  In October my Dad and his wife Dee will be making a visit to Indiana.  I don’t get to see them nearly as much as I like so it is always nice to have them come up from Florida when they can.  My dad is a great cook and I can’t wait to have some of his homemade goodies!

Last time they came into town!
6.  November involves another wedding with my girl Megan and her fiancé Eric.  They are such a great couple and I know that they are going to have one heck of a wedding.  They met a month before Philly and I on Match.com.  She was actually my inspiration to go on that site and I’m so glad I did.  Megan and I worked to together at my previous job and she was the only thing that kept me there as long as I did. 

The happy couple! 



7.  Christmas this year I will be skipping out on all the family traditions and instead I’ll be sipping on frozen drinks learning to paddle board in St. Thomas.  Yes it will be different not being back home with the family for the holidays but I think I’ll be just fine hanging in the sunshine with the bf’s family!  What’s also great is that I will be flying in a day early and will get to have dinner with my dad and Dee before I cruise out of this joint!  With my dad’s work schedule it’s a miracle that he will actually be home, so I will take full advantage of this opportunity. 

Megan's Bay in St. Thomas

8.  Two weeks after Christmas I will be heading back to the Caribbean but this time on a Cruise ship with the bf and my second family. Yes, aka Erin’s family.  We will be hitting up Princess’s private island, St. Thomas again, and then St. Marteen.  I booked my cruise before deciding on Christmas plans but you know what I am totally okay with being in the Caribbean for two weeks during the cold winter.

Havin a shot at Grassroots with Erin's Dad

My second family minus Chris, Erins sister


Having way too much fun on our cruise 2 years ago! 

Rum punch was involved here!

I feel a bazillion times better just remembering all the great things coming my way.  I truly am blessed to have such an amazing bf in my life that likes to get out and do things and also have such kickass friends and family.  Has anyone else been in a funk lately and what helps to get you out of the sourpuss mood?  I hope everyone else has some fun things coming your way and enjoy your weekend.  I don’t know if you know this but Friday is my second favorite F word!  Ohhhh bye! 

1 comment:

  1. ahh man i have been in a funk all week too. at least you have a lot of things to look forward to? funks are the worst. ugh.

    ReplyDelete