Image Map

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Anniversary Weekend

Side Note:  I’ve got this eye twitching thing going on now for like 5ish hours and all I want to do is go home and have a personal day consisting of catching up on my shows, taking a nice relaxing bath, ordering food, walking around the o’l hood and snuggling up with my Dragon.  These days that stuff never happens, I’ve just been so busy.

Now back to your main program:  Last week I shared about my love story with the bf because we just hit a milestone in our relationship, one year together!  So this weekend we celebrated.  Thursday was our actual Anniversary and I sent the bf 5 paper flowers at his work.  They were seriously awesome I ordered them from Paper Blooms by Rachel Little and she and her husband were so awesome and sent the order out super quick and just were really awesome.  She does bouquets, hair pins, single flowers; they are just amazing if anyone needs just a lil something different than just flowers.  Phil sent me a bouquet of flowers to work as well so I was all smiles the rest of the day!  For dinner I made all his favorite things.  I made chorizo sausage and marinated shrimp skewers, roasted potatoes with bacon, parmesan, garlic, and parsley, and some nice artisan bread.   I also planned on grilling pork chops and green beans but when I realized how much food we actually had there was no way the two of us would or should eat that much so I saved it for Friday night. 




Saturday morning I gave Philly his gifts, which seem pretty lame but I got him a really nice cheese board because he has been talking about it for a while now and also a framed picture of us for his office.  Also something you need to know about Phil is he is not cheesy or corny in any way but I totally am so as a joke but also serious I made him this 52 Things I love About You booklet out of a deck of cards.  He got a kick out of it and I’m pretty sure there was some eye rolling but hey I’m mushy and he loves me so it’s all good. 

We actually had an early appointment with an Animal Behaviorist for Dragon to see if there was any hope in fixing her behavior.  I’ll save this for another post.  After that emotional whirlwind of an hour we drove into Indy and stopped at the Fashion Mall.  We hit up all the furniture stores and looked at couches and things we are interested in being a majority of our furniture has been eaten by my dog.  We have some serious renovating and decorating that needs to happen to make the house more “ours” and homey.  The bf took me to Nordstrom to pick out a nice watch as his gift to me.  I was like really you couldn’t go do this yourself?  That’s just him though so I ended up picking out a Michael Kors.  I love it, I can’t some looking at my wrist. 



The next stop in our celebration was to visit Black Acre Brewery, the spot where we had our first date.  We had a cheese plate and a few beers and reminisced about the first time we met.  My old roommate happened to walk in, who I haven’t seen since I moved out and we caught up.  It was so nice to run into her.   For dinner we went to our favorite Restaurant downtown called St. Elmo’s, famous for their shrimp cocktail and steak.   During dinner we talked about some of our famous memories of the past year and I have to say we have an amazing life together and have some pretty fucking good times together.  It was good to reflect on those memories, it just made me feel really good about our relationship.  The plan was to head to the Irish Fest after dinner but we were both so tired and decided to just head back home and get a drink closer to home. 



Shrimp Cocktail  
Cheese Plate at Black Acre

One of my favorite parts of the day was that drive back. We literally spent the whole drive blasting Twenty One Pilots, which we are seeing in October and singing along too them and of course I was doing some car dancing.  It was just a “that’s so us” moment.  To top it of the sun was setting so it was a picture perfect moment.  Another item to check off the list on my 101 Things in 1001 Days list,  #27!

5 comments:

  1. The paper flowers idea is great for a guy! And I want to see a pic of this "52 things" booklet- also a great idea! You guys look pretty happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot damnnn I love that watch. I'd take a watch over a cheese board any day haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had that eye twitching thing before & it is miserable! Happy Anniversary! I want to get your recipe for the shrimp, I'm always looking for good shrimp marinate.

    Kristin
    crumbsandcurls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i mean at the end of the day, you get the watch you reallllly want when you pick it yourself! cheers to one year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this all looks so sweet! happy anniversary. And I hope that the whole behavior issue with Dragon is resolved!

    ReplyDelete