Image Map

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

My Weekend with the Two Cutest Kids

This weekend I got to hang out with these two lil minions!


They just melt my heart.  One of the best things that's happened to me is becoming an Aunt.  I can't imagine what it's like to have your own child because being an Aunt is life changing. My mind is blown. 

I feel like I need to go back in time a little to when I first met the lil man.  (I call him lil man because he looked like a lil old man for the longest time) I have so much love for these two its crazy.  It all started on March 4, 2011 when my handsome lil man, Liam was born at 1lb 15 oz.  I had not even met him yet because I was living in New York at the time and already loved this kid.  He was born 3 months early due to complications.  

I flew out a month later so I could meet this guy for the first time.  He's the real reason why I decided to move out to Indiana so that I could be a part of his life.  I had an instant connection with him.  In May of 2011 I packed up my car and moved in with my brother  and his family in Indiana.  







 As you can tell he's got me wrapped around his finger.

Then April 3, 2012 I got a niece, Kayleigh!  Now I have two lil minions to love! Thankfully, Kayleigh's birth went smoothly.  She has quite the personality and is a lil spit fire.  I love this girl to pieces. 



So anyways back to last weekend.  I wanted to give my brother a break so Phil and I decided to have the kids over for the weekend.  We met my brother half way at the Waffle House and had breakfast.  They live about an hour in a half away from us so it's easier on all of us to meet in the middle.  

After I stuffed my face because that's what I do all the time,  we got the two car seats in Phils car and headed up to Fort Wayne to this place called Science Central.  We stayed there for a few hours and the kids had a blast.  My compliant is that the place needed some serious renovating and updating.  A lot of the things didn't work and were broken.  The kids didn't seem to mind but I can see an older kid thinking it was stupid, actually there was a kid who walked by me and said "this place is so lame." haha kids will be kids! 


It didn't take us nearly as long there as I thought it would so we decided to head to our house. Phil needed a nap and so I played with them for a few hours.  Next time I need more toys at my house because I was running out of things to do. Once Phil got up and moving we went to get an early dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings.  I didn't even know that bdubs had game type things, but man the things you find out once you have babysit kids.  They loved all the lights and were seriously having too much fun.  

Since we didn't want to take them back home to our boring house we decided to go to the "Mall."  I say that loosely because it has maybe 10 stores in the whole place.  I had asked people with kids what the heck to do in our small town.  Someone had suggested the play area at the mall so I was willing to give it a shot.  At this point I was getting exhausted.  These kids really ware and tare you right out.  We stayed there for a decent amount of time so they could burn off some of that energy.  They had barley even napped yet, how are they not falling to the ground?

  

We went and hung out back at the house for a while.  We had debated going to the local high school basketball game but after the day with the kids we decided it might be too much work. The bf doesn't have much experience with kids but what I actually mean is he doesn't have any. So this was a big eye opener for him.  I don't think he quit realized how much work kids actually are.  He was a super big help though this weekend.  I think a few a lot more weekends with the niece and nephew will hopefully prepare him for kids of our own one day.  :)

The last thing I wanted to do with them was to go see the Marion Walkway of Lights.  I hadn't seen it yet so I thought that the kids would thing it was fun.  My plan backfired and they passed out halfway through it and then we had to wake them up to get them back in the house and then didn't want to go to bed.  I didn't get them to bed till around 10 and you bet I went to bed right after.  

They only woke up twice screaming, that's a win in my book.  I just settled them down and we were good to go.  In the morning I gave them there Christmas presents.  I wont be around for the holidays and wanted to make sure they got there gifts from their favorite Aunt! They were just clothes but they are growing so fast and knew that clothes would be more practical.  They still had fun opening them. Soon after we headed back down to our meeting place at the Waffle House so Aunt Meg and Uncle Phil could go back to bed and get some sleep! :)  I love hanging with these kids, they just are so darn cute but dang am I just straight up pooped out!

#AuntMeg

1 comment:

  1. ah man too cute. that's awesome you get to stay connected with the kiddos. good luck getting phil baby prepared ;)

    ReplyDelete